Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions regulate the agreement between Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd (The Company) and the customer (The Customer).
1. General: This contract contains all the terms and conditions agreed between the company and the customer and no variations of these terms and conditions shall bind either party unless previous agreement in writing is signed by both the customer and a director of the company. The customer is contracting direct with the company for the supply and installation (where necessary) of the products and services detailed overleaf.
The customer acknowledges and agrees that they shall receive delivery of products which comply with the company’s latest basic design and that specifications may be changed without notice to the customer provided that the product shall be of equal or greater performance to the customer. Upon signing this contract by the customer a binding contract shall be created.
2. Access / Delivery: The customer will grant access to their property to the company, its employees, workmen and all related contractors by prior agreed appointment between the hours of 7.00am and 8.00pm Monday to Sunday until the installation is complete. In the event of the customer failing to give access to their property for a period of 21 days from a request in writing, the company shall be entitled to terminate this agreement at the expiry of such period, the company will remain entitled to receive full payment for any part works completed, products manufactured, purchased or ordered.
The company will use its best endeavours to install the products scheduled within the reasonable time period quoted to the customer.
The company shall not be liable for any delay that may arise from circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Should the customer wish to cancel the contract due to circumstances outwith reasonable control of the company, the customer will be liable to pay for any part work completed, products purchased, ordered or manufactured.
Products installed in the customers property, the title to the products, and the ownership of the products shall remain with the company and will not pass ownership or guarantee to the customer until the total price has been paid to the company in full.
3. Survey: This agreement is subject to a detailed survey being carried out by the company or its agents and the company alone may as a result in its absolute discretion and without giving any reason cancel all or part of this contract at any time to the installation commencing.
If it is found during the survey that additional work is necessary which is not covered by this contract to ensure that the completed installation is up to the company’s standard then the cost of such additional work will be notified to the customer. If the customer is not prepared to pay the additional cost then the company reserves the right to vary the terms of its guarantee or cancel the contract, the customers deposit would then be refunded.
4. Guarantee: No work will be carried out by the company under the guarantee until the total price for the job has been paid to the company in full. All glass used shall be of good quality but the company shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of minor blemishes, scratches or imperfections which are not guaranteed by the glass manufacturers ( not noticeable whilst facing the glass in daylight from within the room at a distance of 2.0 metres, 3.0 meters for toughened, laminated and coated glass: NHBC Standards 2018 ).
All uPVC and composite material which have conspicuous surface abrasions noticed at a distance of 2.0 meters caused during installation may be removed by filling, polishing out, re-spraying or painting as appropriate.
The company will guarantee that condensation will not form between the panes of the double glazed & triple glazed sealed units during the period of the guarantee. The company does not guarantee that the installation of the products specified will stop condensation.
The company undertakes to replace or repair free of charge any ironmongery ( Hinge, Lock, Handle, Knocker, Letter Box, etc ) product that proves defective as a result of faulty materials or workmanship within a period of 2 years from the date of installation.
Our 10 year guarantee is against the failure of the framing materials and sealed glass units from the installation date.
The company shall not be liable to repair or replace any item which in its opinion has suffered damage due to misuse, accident or premature deterioration due to the customers failure to satisfactorily maintain the product. The principle of fair wear will be applied in all cases.
5. Liability: The company shall not be liable to pay for any work carried out by any other person, firm or company engaged by the customer whether by way of rectification or completion unless such an engagement has been agreed by a director of the company in writing.
6. Installation: The company will make good any damage caused in the course of installation to plaster, floor, rendering, or brickwork immediately surrounding any window or door installed by the company but under no circumstances can the company undertake to provide matching wallpaper, ceramic or other tiles or specialised finishes, nor can the colour of the making good of any surface, rendering or brickwork be guaranteed to match the existing finish. The company does not provide or apply any decorative finish to such making good.
The company and its servants will do their utmost to keep any damage to a minimum but it cannot guarantee to avoid damage to wallpaper or paintwork surrounding the installation and any redecoration as a result of such damage shall be the responsibility of the customer. The company will not be liable for damage of any description arising from the installation or use of the products where such damage is due to defects in the fabric of the building which existed prior to the installation of the company’s products which was not detected at the survey. The company will notify the customer of any such defect if it is thought that the defect will prejudice the performance of the company’s products.
Curtain, blinds and pelmet removal and replacement is not part of our costing. In the event that these are not removed on the day of your installation and we have your agreement to remove them, the company will not refit these and will not be held responsible for any damage whatsoever. We wish to make you aware that during window and door replacement work that there is a risk of damage to cables either attached to, or cables run through frames that need removed. If any damage occurs the customer is liable for any resulting costs. You could elect to have the cables removed and replaced by your supplier’s before the installation date.
7. Payment: A deposit of 30% is payable to the company before the company processes any order, the final balance of 70% is due on practical completion and inspection by the company and the customer. Payment must be made by bank transfer to Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd SORT CODE: 82-68-28 ACCOUNT NUMBER: 40035782, by cash, or by debit card – we do not accept credit cards. The customer shall not be entitled to withhold payment by reason for any alleged minor defect which would normally be dealt with under the guarantee or aftercare process. If payment is not made by the customer as above we will seek to instruct court action to recover the outstanding balance and all legal costs. Interest shall accrue on the amount of payment outstanding to the company from that date to the date of actual payment at the rate of 3% per month, accruing day by day. All products and material remain the property of Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd until paid in full. All card transactions include a 4% fee.
8. Planning Permission: Any local authority planning permission will remain the sole responsibility of the customer, the company assumes that you have the correct permission in place to install the products and no liability will fall on Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd should the customer not have the correct permission in place.
9. Cancellation: Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd’s windows and doors are bespoke made to measure products, we do not hold stock. As a gesture of goodwill the customer can cancel this contract within 5 days providing that no products have been ordered or manufactured by the company. This request may be put in writing and sent to Dynamic Double Glazing Ltd, Maxim 1 – First Floor, 2 Parklands Way, Motherwell, ML1 4WR.
Alternately cancellations can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org